WCRC is proud to announce our newest version of the Spec Wing. In our continued work to make our kits better we have redesigned the 3D printed parts and upgraded some of the hardware to make a better kit. A huge thank you to Jeff A. and Jake W. for helping with suggestions, engineering designs, and flight testing. WCRC really appreciates your efforts to help make this kit the best we can possibly provide. Changes might be made due to some final testing before the release. The Spec Wing kits should become available in October 2019.
CODE NAMED: The ReSPECt
How does the new Spec Wing kit differ from the original version?
- Stiffer 3D printed winglets to reduce flutter at higher speeds.
- The 3D printed motor mount is completely redesigned to be slimmer and more aerodynamic while also providing better cooling for those full throttle 4s adrenaline runs at two feet off the deck. Please note 3s batteries are used in official WRA Spec Wing Class.
- Cobra motor wires can be ran inside the motor mount. T-motor wires can be ran around the plastic hub and then tucked inside to the wire channel.
- DuBro 2-56 threaded control rods with the nylon Kwik-Link clevis.
- DuBro Swivel Ball links for 2-56.
- DuBro E-Z connectors for those who might not want to use the clevis or ball links.
- The 2mm Carbon Fiber rod on the trailing edge is replaced by Carbon Fiber strips.
- The ReSPECt will use the same air frame, most of the same carbon fiber, and covering as the original version.
With all of these upgrades we are able to remain competitive with our pricing. The ReSPECt will be sold for $59.99 when it becomes available.
To keep up to date with what WCRC is up to, please give us a LIKE on FaceBook. You can find us at THIS LINK <–click there.
Also join our FaceBook group, WCRC Airforce, if you want to chat about Wind Catcher products or anything hobby related. You can find the group page at THIS LINK <–click there.