Developed and produced Airplane grade LW PLA Filament by 3DLabPrint.
Disclaimer: We are a reseller for 3D Lab Print filaments. We can not help you with your printer setup. Please join the many groups through Facebook, RCGroups, other forums, or join the 3D Print Lab discord server to get support on how to use this filament.
CLICK HERE to join the 3D Lab Print DISCORD server.
2.2lbs/1kg (2-2.7kg normal PLA equivalent)
- Green color
- min 2.3x foaming factor (or more, depends on temperature)
- Diameter: 1.75mm @ tolerance (+/- 0.02mm)
- Weight: 1kg/335m (2.2lbs/1,100ft)
- Temp: HE 230-250°C BED 55-60°C
- Resealable bag to avoid moisture
Following the success of our in-house produced PolyAir 1.0 focused on improving the toughness of single-wall printed RC models, we’re presenting the PolyLight 1.0 – The active foaming lightweight LW-PLA material. Depending on hotend temperature, the material increases its volume more than twice during extrusion resulting in very lightweight parts. Suitable especially for smaller models and parts where strength is not so critical.
- Less than half the weight of standard PLA
- More than double the print volume from a single spool (more than 2kg normal PLA equivalent)
- Strong inter-layer adhesion
- Controllable active foaming
- Easy to clean and sand any imperfections
- Easy to glue with CA
- Less visible layers
- Not translucent
- Less stiff than PLA – can be controlled by extrusion multiplier and temperature
- Lower glass transition temperature, but with lower volumetric density, less prone to warping on a Sun
- Foaming during travel moves means more stringing, however, easily removable
Great for LW Planes or weight reduction of any model
PolyLight 1.0 is recommended especially for our LW Planes models designed to be printed in single-pass (vase) mode with reduced travel moves but used wisely it can also be used as a complement to the PolyAir to improve the wing loading of any of our models. For example, every gram saved on tail parts counts more than twice in the need to balance the model improving weight distribution.
Since the filament foams up when being printed, a single spool lasts for more than twice the amount of parts in volume, compared to non-foaming filaments. Lowered wing loading results in lower stall speed and impact energy when things go sideways. That means the model is less prone to damage and it actually saves costs.
Suitable for painting
We chose to make the material in light grey colour, that’s the most universal base colour for painting. Models printed in light grey are not translucent and therefore it’s easier to create a good-looking scale paint job. Parts can be easily sanded to make a nice surface finish.
High quality and eco friendly
The filament is produced from premium ingredients, with tight tolerances on our automated production line and comes in a resealable bag for convenient use. Spools are made from recycled plastic waste.